Sunday, April 22, 2012

the first BFP

I was inspired by a post secret today to talk about my first positive pregnancy test that I ever had. It was a Saturday morning and my beta wasn't until Monday but I couldn't sleep. At 5am I rolled out of bed and I took a test leaving it on the bathroom counter. I wandered into the living room and checked my email/watched TV etc for about an hour and forgot all about the test until I wandered back into the bathroom and there it was... a faint second line. My heart leapt with joy that after so much we were finally there (3 IUIs and 4 IVFs). I ran to wake up the husband who is even less of a morning person than I am. I remember him mumbling that it wasn't a very dark second line and I said two lines are two lines no matter what. He promptly fell back asleep. I really hate that he has the ability to sleep while I am an insomniac. The next stop was to tell the women on the resolve boards. I *knew* they would be as excited as I was. These women who I had never met were at the top of my list for sharing the joy. We messaged back and forth all morning while I was trying to decide whether to sneak in to get my blood drawn early. When I finally decided to go it had of course been snowing. I shoveled my car out of the driveway in my exuberance to know the exact number of my beta HCG. All the while my husband was sleeping in the other room and probably would have been pretty upset if he had known I was out there shoveling. It is hard to explain why but the women on the boards were there for me through every failure and I wanted to share my first positive with them. They are amazing. As of today we have raised more that $2100 for the Resolve walk of hope. Just how I have been humbled in the past by the compassion of these women, I am now humbled by their generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment