Thursday, April 26, 2012

Don't ignore that you need to put your oxygen mask on first

Sometimes being infertile in the face of a fertile world is really hard especially in the face of the dreaded baby shower. To be honest I didn't like baby showers much even before I knew for sure how infertile I was. They always seemed weird to me but once I had been through a couple of cycles it just felt like salt in an open wound. I learned the hard way I need to save myself before I can even think about helping anyone else and if that involved skipping a baby shower then people would get over it and if they didn't then they weren't worth my friendship to begin with. So if you are feeling raw from infertility then don't go. If you want a good excuse then say you have the flu, a cold, anything contagious really. No pregnant woman wants a contagiously sick person around so there will be no hard feelings. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment